Senior Shareholder & President
Glassman, Wyatt, Tuttle & Cox, P.C.
For more than 20 years, Attorney Richard Glassman has been recognized as one of America’s Best Lawyers. He is frequently a guest speaker for educational institutions and professional organizations on topics such as Attorney Legal Malpractice Defense, Ethics, Attorney-Client Relationships, Mentoring, and others.
Glassman is Senior Shareholder and President of the law firm Glassman, Wyatt, Tuttle & Cox, P.C., a civil litigation firm based in Memphis, Tennessee which serves all of Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas. He has been lead counsel in more than 250 jury trials of the firm’s largest and most high profile cases involving complex matters. He excels in:
- Defending attorneys sued for malpractice.
- Obtaining settlements for those seriously injured by medical malpractice, including birth injuries, wrongful death, and serious personal injury.
- Prosecuting and defending claims against small and large businesses in state and federal courts.
Glassman is admitted to practice in the following courts:
- S. Supreme Court
- All state courts and the Supreme Courts of Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee
- S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- S. District Courts for the Western and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
Glassman was born and raised in Memphis and graduated from the University of Memphis. He earned his law degree from the University of Memphis Cecil B. Humphreys School of Law and now serves as President of the Law Alumni Board. He previously served as an Adjunct Professor of Insurance Law. In 2012, in celebration of its 100th Anniversary, the University of Memphis recognized Attorney Glassman with the Distinguished Alumnus Award.
Glassman has previously served as: A member of the University of Memphis National Alumni Association Board; National President of the University of Memphis National Alumni Association; and, a Member of the University of Memphis Board of Visitors. Glassman is also an avid supporter of Memphis Tigers Athletics.
Glassman family members are heavily involved in community service. Over the last 40 years, they have supported numerous charities, associations, and projects. Since 1997, Glassman has been a big brother through Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Memphis. He has been a board member for BBBS for many years and strongly believes in giving back to the community and supporting those in need.